Monday, July 6, 2009

Fairytale.

Thats the name of the song I'm listening to. The winner of Eurovision 2009, Alexander Rybak from Norway sings it and oh my goodness, what an amazing song, what an amazing singer, and what an amazing performance. PLEASE look it up on google: Fairytale by Alexander Rybak. I promise you will not regret it. Well thats a little bit how life seems like recently. A fairytale. Not necessarily in the love sense though, not at all. Just everything else.

I have work tomorrow and then off to kid's camp on wednesday morning. I'm so excited for work! If I had a little bit company then it would seriously be like taking a vacation everyday. Although I'm getting a really funny tan on my legs from my shorts. I come home really tired after so much time in the sun, and just walking around and I'm not sure why. So much left to do for kid's camp, I'm unbelievably excited, but at the same time really anxious. Ahh it'll be all good : )

I'm in a very relaxed and laid-back mood at the moment. Maybe that song had that effect on me, I don't know. I must say that he is part of my good mood! Today during work I was reading "Thinking outside the box and Inside the Book" and there was that verse there about God ALWAYS giving us a way out of a temptation. Which made me think of him. Not saying he's a temptation of any sort really, just not someone I usually associate with closely, especially this closely. And weirdly enough, I think the very very few church friends that know about him are have more girlish assumptions(not the word really, but close enough) than I do. I'm actually acting much different than I'd except. I guess I just really don't want to wake up and be disillusioned by what he really is. So far, he's not perfect, no way, but well he seems to be someone I'd like to get to know more. But enough about all that : )

So I've been in a random constant angry, weird mood and Ellie commented on it Sunday night and today reading that book, the author mentioned how one of the side-effects of pride is anger. And oh my goodness that hit home. Everyone knows my battle with pride(Tim squared Bible study inside joke) but recently ive been having crazy doses of pride. So I'm trying to wind down.

And especially in the past few days, God has been showing Himself in these numerous ways all throughout my day! Maybe some people it would matter to but for me, I think its really important. Like when I sent out the Bible verse, the replys I got back were amazing. And on my way to work, I heard a random sermon thing on the radio and ahh it was so encouraging and really tied in with all thats going on. Then sunday was just so evident that Jesus was caring for me. And today, when I opened up for work, there was a Bible verse written on the white board. A verse from Psalm. Turns out the other lady who works is a Christian and ahh just amazing. Its the little things that really make up the big picture.

And the little things are adding up to make up a pretty amazing masterpiece. That reminds of the song, "Fingerprints of God". Theres a few lines that are "And I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at you...you are covored with the fingerprints of God". That is so true. I've decided that I'm gonna try to be more of a skeptic, they're actually a good thing. Ask God to show me, so I can see all the miracles. So I can unserstand what He's talking about. So I can see the little things. I'm just really happy with the way that life is going. I know that it can't always be good but I really would LOVE if everyone read that book that I mentioned before. I have it, I'd love to loan it. I know the author personally, really good friends with his kids. And its an amazing book.

God still has so much to do in me. I still put myself first, pride comes so quickly. I still need to see things through the eyes of others. Stubborness is always there. I need more responsibility. But you know, I know that everything will be ok. "All things work togather for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." Thats the verse that really ties it all up. God will provide. Maybe I'll have to wait, maybe He has something that He needs to teach me before it can happen, but in the end, I know that if I close my eyes and let Him lead, that I'll never fall, never to get up. I'll always be able to get back up because when I can't walk, He'll be there to carry me. Yay ending on a happy note today.

So Olenka is coming soon. My amazing WA cousin :) Wedding on Sunday, dad is so cute, all excited to bond with his Oklahoma fishing buddies. And well I'm happy that he's excited about them. Kid's camp is promising, I love the girls in my group, I know most of them very well. Great bunch of counselors. Baptism coming up, congrats to those who pasted the church test. I am SO excited for baptism next year, I think I'll be ready by then. It's probably the biggest thing you'll do in church except for get married. Weddings, cousins, volleyball, camps, work, friends, life....ahh how wonderful. I just need to not get carried away. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace." One of my favorite songs. So true.

Summer is amazing. I have so many stories. I need God's blessing so so much for the rest of summer. I miss our missionaries, fourth of july just wasnt the same without them and their awesome cars and just them. Come home! Ahh and then one more group is leaving to Georgia(the country) soon too. Tima, Victor, Roma, Max, Natasha, thats the few that I know forsure. What in the world are we going to do when they leave? Ohh, we get to lead. Vopa, that will be something. Like I said, God's blessing is all we need, ever. But an extra special blessing for the next few months : )

Work. Clean. Pack. Shower. Sleep. Camp.


Here we come!

1 comment:

  1. You should listen to "Imagination" by Bethany Dillon and "Only a Man" by Johnny Lang. Kind of different, slightly secular, but some of my favorites.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." -Philipians 2:15