Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Always Works Out

The first week of the new semester is almost over, and God's blessings won't stop pouring in! AP Government is a class I didn't want, but couldn't switch, and now I can see why! This class is going to be where we debate issues such as abortion, gay marriages, death penalty and I already see why God gave me this class! To show my testimony through it! Also, in Enriched Biology, with the evolution unit coming up, I can't be more glad to have another believer in the class! Its already been an amazing encouragement knowing someone understands and upholds what I believe in too, even if its the opposite of what the class is teaching! This will be the semester of a lifetime!

This morning I barely woke up, crawled upstairs to make some coffee and was greeted by the most beautiful sunrise of this year so far! The sky was so accentuated by the silhouettes of the white houses with the snow covered trees. The sun itself was a brilliant gold color with splashes of bright pink sky around it! Already the rest of the sky was turning a soft blue and the entire picture was so breathtaking. It was God's present for my morning. I can almost hear the birds singing in the mornings because spring feels so close!

The kitchen has become one of my favorite places in the entire house. Smelling the chocolate baking and knowing that it'll turn out great is an amazing feeling. Seeing the faces of the family walk in to a spotless kitchen and a ready made dinner with fresh cookies in the oven, is priceless. That is what life is made up of. Those little moments where not only you are happy, but the people you love are happy too! I wish I had realized this earlier! Either way, I'm so grateful to God for letting me have all these amazing people in my life! Especially the ones that are far far away because they make life worth living! I guess I've finally figured out what people mean when they say make every minute count!

1 comment:

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." -Philipians 2:15