Monday, November 23, 2009

Something So Captivating.

Maybe its because of the Thanksgiving, Christmas season. The excitement, the happiness, the rush. But there's something so special in the air. Its indescribable. Something so magical, so beautiful about the life we're living. The way we smile, the way we sing, the way we talk. Everything is underlined with this special feeling. I feel about like this about everything these days. It has been a rough couple of weeks. I'm feeling the stress, sleeplessness, and foodlessness (yes that is now a word). But now that I have a chance to relax, just be home, I can look back and honestly say that its been a couple of amazing weeks.

There is something so unique, so precious about every new day. So many new possibilities, so many chances to do something for my Jesus, so many new emotions to discover. I think I'm realizing what they mean when people say "Each day is a gift". It really is. Everything is changing so quickly. It seems as if there aren't enough hours in a day to fully experience all that there is for that day! Maybe I'm feeling this way because of the conference, because so many new chapters of my life are unfolding. So many different aspects are changing.

The conference. We've all waited so long for it and its almost here. Finally. All the guests coming, the friends you haven't seen for half a year. Its not even the social aspect of it (although thats a big part). Its having all the youth together, singing songs to glorify our God, united by a common love for the One who saved us. Looking around during a sermon, you can see some of the different expressions. Some are captivated by message, hanging on to every word. Others are texting, looking for ways out or something to do. Others yet, are asleep. Its pretty great, so many different people, so many different lives, goals, everything. All are gathered togather. Its indescribable.

Going back to the social aspect, conferences are "mating season" as Vika or Jeka put it. Thats true. My special someone is coming but I can honestly say thats not the main reason why I excited. Its interesting to see everyone's true personality/intentions come out. Who hangs out with who doing what. I love it.

Right after that is Christmas, possible Mexico trip, New Years, birthdays, wedding. No wonder every day flies by so quickly. And I'm excited to see what the rest of the days will be. The captivating feeling of something so special, so exciting happening every single day is pretty amazing. Maybe its because with every day, I'm realizing how much everything is changing. Nothing will ever be the same. A year from now, it'll be completely different. And I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." -Philipians 2:15