Monday, April 4, 2011

Wary Optimism

With each passing day, I appreciate everything that is around me more and more. There is something so beautiful in every day. At the same time, there is always something so painful and terrible in each day. The only way to see the beauty is to forget the sadness of that day. Life will always be painful, but how much easier is it to live enjoying every simple thing. A heart in love can be quite exhilarating but this heart is realistically in love. Happiness and sadness come hand in hand and there is nothing we can do! But often, it is a choice we make of whether we want to focus on our sadness or on our happiness. Wedding planning is so very stressful. Many tears, many sleepless nights, many headaches. And yet, it is the happiest time of my life so far. Something so new, so exciting! Every leaf, every cloud, every morning is special because you never know what the next day will bring.

 I don't want to leave my beautiful Minnesota. Everything is so special to me. So many memories. Basically my whole life has been spent in this church, in these few towns. And now, its time to leave all of this behind. Start all over. I can do it, but its already quite rough. This is where my beloved Savior comes in and shows me that I can't do everything by myself. I always need Him, whether or not I realize that. And when all these things fall out of my control, He is right there to remind me that He had been here all along, I've just been ignoring Him. Not only do I feel ashamed but I also feel slightly dimwitted. Why have I been trying to do this by myself when He already has everything figured out! 

Love is beautiful. Love is painful. But the love of my Creator is always worth it. And honestly, that's enough for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." -Philipians 2:15